Common Name: Rotala Green
Family Name: Lythraceae
- Growth Rates: First
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Medium
- CO2: Recommended
- Sold as a bunch of 6 stems
- Height: 1.2” – 7.8”
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6-7.5
- Can be grown in emerged: Yes
The asiatic Rotala sp. ‘Green’ is very similar to Rotala rotundifolia, but its leaves remain fresh and bright green, even with intensive light. Stems becomes 40-50 cm long and 2-3 cm wide. The plant forms many side shoots willingly and obtains a beautiful, bushy and “hanging” growth. It should be pruned frequently to maintain healthy growth. An ideal starter plant that looks best when planted in large groups.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful coloration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield the best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]