Common Name: Rotala Bonsai, Ammania Bonsai
Family Name: Lythraceae
Origin: Central/South America
- Growth Rates: Slow
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Advanced
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2: Recommended
- Sold as a bunch of 6 stems
- Height: 4-8”
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- Can be grown in emerged: Yes
Rotala Indica ‘Bonsai’ is a rare and hard to find plant, not to be confused with the common Rotala Indica. This plant grows much slower compared to other stem plants and may be suitable for smaller tanks. This plant is considered harder to keep and not suitable for beginners. It often melts when planted submerged so it helps to grow it emersed first
Under high lighting, CO2 and the addition of fertilizers, the tips of the stems will develop a reddish orange hue.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful coloration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield the best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]