Common Name: Ludwigia Ovalis
Family Name: Onagraceae
- Growth Rates : fast
- Difficulty Level: Beginner
- Lighting Requirements: medium to high
- CO2: Not necessary
- Sold as a bunch of 6 stems
- Height: 4-8”
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6.0-7.0
Ludwigia Ovalis is an easy plant to keep, making it a great option for tank geeks who want to add color to their aquascape without the hassle associated with the colorful plants. These plants are ideal for the front zones of the tank. Their vivid color creates a superb focal point. Ludwigia Ovalis plants have oval leaves that grow in alternating pairs along a tilted stem. The leaves are gold, orange, or red, depending on tank conditions. These plants are very attractive when planted in bunches of 10-12 stems.
Ludwigia Ovalis is a versatile plant, but to get the desirable bright colors, you must provide high lighting and nutrient levels. High iron content will bring out more red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is not required for the cultivation of this plant, but can help it grow more robustly. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed, but it is much more difficult to cultivate in the emersed form.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful colouration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]