Common Name: Ludwigia Glandulosa (Diamond)
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: North America
- Growth Rates : fast
- Difficulty Level: Beginner
- Lighting Requirements: High
- CO2: Recommended
- Sold as a bunch of 6 stems
- Height: 6-8″”
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- Can be grown in emerged: Yes
Diamond Ludwigia is a less common Ludwigia variation with very unique coloration. In ideal conditions these plants’ leaves are green on top and red underneath, adding a stunning dimension to the mid-ground of almost any aquascape. Their vivid color creates a superb focal point. Diamond Ludwigia plants have oval, pointed leaves that grow in opposite pairs along the stem. The leaves can be green, gold, orange, or red, depending on tank conditions. These plants are very attractive when planted in bunches of 10-12 stems.
In order to achieve the desirable bright colors in your Diamond Ludwigia, you must provide high lighting and nutrient levels. Supplemental iron will bring out more brilliant red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is recommended to see optimal growth and color. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed, and emersed plants will produce delicate yellow flowers.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil required for better growth & coloration.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful coloration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield the best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]