Common Name: Lobelia mini
Family Name: Campanulaceae
Origin: North America
- Growth Rates: First
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Medium to High
- CO2: Medium
- Sold as a bunch of 3 stems
- Height: 4-16 inches
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6.0 – 8.0
- Can be grown in emerged: Yes
Lobelia Mini (dwarf, small form) is a very attractive foreground plant. When Lobelia cardinalis grows above water or near the water surface, they will have a stunning purple color. However, the color will turn in to bright green when they are fully submerged. Lobelia Cardinalis will grow well under medium to high light. CO2 will make the plants bigger, and thicker stems. Its unique appearance and growth habit makes it an ideal foreground plant.
- Lobelia Mini provides great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful coloration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield the best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]