Common Name: Ludwigia Tornado
Family Name: Hydrocharitaceae
Origin: Central/South America
- Growth Rates: Fast
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Lighting Requirements: Moderate to High
- CO2: Low
- Sold as a bunch of 3-5 pcs
- Height: 8-12″
- Propagation: Cuttings
- pH: 6-7.5
- Can be grown in emerged: Yes
Jungle Vals / Straight Val are unique types of vals characterized by the straight vertical leaves. They act as the perfect background plants, growing tall and fast to create a jungle like appearance. Vals are grass like plants that spread along side shoots and can grow to the height of your aquarium. They are nutrient loving plants that anchor deep into the substrate.
- Vallisneria are heavy root feeders and should be planted deeply in quality aquarium soil.
- Vallisneria grows very large and tall making them suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
[accordion title=”Important” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””]
Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.
Most aquarium plants can grow both in and out of the water. When purchased, most of these plants will have solid leaves and a firm thick appearance. When planted under water, an amazing change takes place: the leaves grow much tender and laced with beautiful coloration.
Proper lighting, substrate, temperature, and healthy water conditions are essential for aquarium plants to yield the best results. The deeper the tank, the stronger the lighting system needed. And with good light and proper water conditions these plants will make your aquarium a beautiful aquatic garden.[/accordion]